Green Day

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
Heather

Re: Green Day

Unread postby Heather » 20 Jul 2009 22:34

Green Day is not one of my very fav bands, but I like them a lot and today I won tix to see them in Nashville next week!!! Now I gotta find someone who can go with me, lol.

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

jls07
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby jls07 » 21 Jul 2009 10:02

Green Day was amazing!!!!! The setlist was so incredible they played forever! They mixed up the songs really well too, playing a bunch from 21CB, then a few from American Idiot(pulled a kid from the crowd to play the entire Jesus of Suburbia), and they also mixed in old favorites like Basket Case, Brainstew/Jaded, Good Riddance, and Longview(which they pulled up kids from the crowd to sing to...so jealous...). Some of the surprises where 2000 Light Years Away and an acoustic version of Macy's Day Parade. Along with fire, little fireworks, confetti, explosions, and an amazing backdrop that changes with every song the production value was also incredible.

So you know to sum it up-best night ever. :laugh:

Call me Jes!

Here since '08. Gotta love that Evanescence tour (;

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby hshiau » 21 Jul 2009 22:20

i'm very jealous. would love to see them at madison square garden but it's been impossible to get seats.

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 22 Jul 2009 05:59

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 29 Jul 2009 21:22

rockedbritt
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby rockedbritt » 30 Jan 2010 21:28

SO i wasnt sure if i should start a new topic for this or not but is anyone else excited for the new play based on Green Days American Idiot? It starts on Broadway in April, and i already have my tickets. :smile: And the broadway version of 21 guns that was released is amazzzing. Bliss to my ears. So thats my two-cents

Hi, I'm Brittany and I'm in love with Sick Puppies.

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Cody Lee » 31 Jan 2010 15:19

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

jls07
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jls07 » 22 Apr 2010 09:07

19 hours of green day-ness of fuse today! I know what my plan for the day are!

And. tomorrow. Im seein the american idiot play on broadway baby!!!!!!! Sorry, im a little excited. You know, just a little.... :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

*Edit: The play was AMAZING. I even got to meet and get autographs from the cast after! I hope it gets to expand cuz it is defintaly a must see for Green Day (and broadway) fans! (I have some pics on my facebook-if anyone wants to see them let me know)

Call me Jes!

Here since '08. Gotta love that Evanescence tour (;

Snowmonkies
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Green Day?

Unread postby Snowmonkies » 22 Aug 2011 21:18

I skimmed through most of the pages in this section, and I'm kinda surprised I didn't see a Green Day topic O_o
Basket Case was my favorite song when I was younger. My mom got me listening to Green Day when I was in elementary school XD
Right off the top of my head, some of my favorite Green Day songs are Homecoming, Give Me Novacaine, She's a Rebel, and Know Your Enemy.

Hedgehogs for days

Cody Lee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Green Day?

Unread postby Cody Lee » 23 Aug 2011 08:54

Green Day was my first major concert. My mom took me when I was 16 and I've seen them 2 more times since then, they put on a AWESOME live show. One of those kind of shows that you could have no clue who they are and still have a great time, it's just entertaining, and they play forever.

Lol my mom has GD tat on her ankle

"An idea is like a virus, resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you."
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Formerly known as Cakerz

ValentinThirteen
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ValentinThirteen » 23 Aug 2011 11:43

I love Green Day <3
They were my first big concert too...they do play for, like, 3 hours XD and one of the first rock groups I started listening to :smile:
A lot of people say they don't like them anymore but I like everything from their first album all the way to 21st Century Breakdown =D

"I wish that things were still the way they used to be... but only for a day just so I could say that I remember you."

chandra
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chandra » 07 Sep 2011 17:38

GREEN DAY ROCKS!

Feel free to come hang out with me on the book of faces: http://www.facebook.com/chandra.sylvio

neurotictim
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby neurotictim » 08 Sep 2011 04:20

Dookie came out when I was 14, and totally blew my mind. I was already well on my way to becoming a huge metalhead - grew up on bands like Rush, Yes, and Black Sabbath/Ozzy, so this was a huge departure for me. When Dookie hit I was getting into the darker stuff - Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth especially, along with the growing industrial movement. Green Day was inexplicably energetic and fun, but somehow fit into my cd collection without a problem.

I've seen them about a half-dozen times in the last 15 years or so, and they have always put on a great show. I DON'T like their slower stuff, though. Anyway, Songs like Longview and Sassafrass Roots were instrumental in my choice to play the bass, and to this day I still get a kick out of playing them.

I get so much of a kick, in fact, that I've been trying to put together a Green Day tribute band locally - with some luck I'll find some folks and be gigging by the end of the year. None of the slow songs, except maybe the epic progressive Jesus of Suburbia - man what a song!

Good thread!

TheBlackParade
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby TheBlackParade » 01 Jan 2012 19:47

Green Day is so amazing, American Idiot is one of my favorite albums, and Jesus Of Suburbia is my favorite song on it, but i like every green day song I've ever heard

Welcome to my world Where everyone I ever need always ends up leaving me alone - My World - Sick Puppies
Blow a kiss at the methane skies See the rust through your playground eyes We're all in love tonight Leave a dream where the fallout lies Watch it grow where the tearstain dries To keep you safe tonight - S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W - My Chemical Romance

ColorfulDetonation
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ColorfulDetonation » 01 Jan 2012 20:39

I love Green Day :D I have a big Green Day poster in my bedroom XD Know Your Enemy is probably my favorite.

~Michaela Lee~

Brianna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Brianna » 01 Jan 2012 21:23

I've always liked Green Day and I'm working on Longview on bass right now!! And I've been in love with Boulevard of Broken Dreams since...quite awhile :laugh: Second to last day of break, my mind doesn't wanna work right now

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 02 Jan 2012 00:13

I like Green Day! I had Dookie on cassette when it first came out, & I have most of their CDs. Love to try to play Green Day songs on bass. :D

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Splasher
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Splasher » 05 Jan 2012 06:21

Love them. Just finished getting all there music videos :laugh:

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 22 Jul 2012 11:32

Any Green Day fans still out there? If so, what do you think of the new song?

ValentinThirteen
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ValentinThirteen » 22 Jul 2012 16:28

"I wish that things were still the way they used to be... but only for a day just so I could say that I remember you."

Return to “Other Music You Love”