Your Top 5 of 2016!

Share your love of music that isn't Sick Puppies here. (What?! Such a thing exists?!)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Your Top 5 of 2016!

Unread postby Myst » 13 Dec 2016 20:52

Since we're getting pretty close to the end of the year... I thought it'd be fun to see what everyone else's top 5 albums of 2016 are? I've always found it fun to compare lists with other music fans... if you want to provide reasoning, favorite song and/or links to youtube go for it!

My list is in no particular order...

1. Sick Puppies - Fury
No explanation required here, haha
Favorite Song: Lyrically, Let Me Live is my favorite, but also Earth To You for that killer bass riff.

2. Hands Like Houses - Dissonants
If you haven't heard of this band I highly recommend checking them out! Seems like the sort of band my fellow SP fans might really enjoy. Their music is super catchy mellow-er rock. (Mellow for me at least, haha) They're from Australia. They put on a great live show, been fortunate enough to see them several times this year while they were on this side of the pond touring this record.
Favorite Song: New Romantics / Division Symbols

3. Twelve Foot Ninja - Outlier
Apparently is was a seriously good year for bands with Australian ties in my book... as this band is also from Australia. They are one of those bands that refuse to be grouped into one genre. They're a little bit of everything, and I love it. Their vocalist is crazy talented and I love his voice, plus they're amazing live.
Favorite Song: One Hand Killing

4. Gemini Syndrome - Memento Mori
Been a fan of this band since even before their debut album came out in 2013... the follow-up was certainly no sophomore slump! I'd classify them as hard rock, but definitely some metal influences. Also perhaps some of the nicest band guys I've met.
Favorite Song: Remember We Die / Alive Inside

5. Allegaeon - Proponent For Sentience
If you're into the heavy stuff like I am.. this is a brilliant techdeath album. The guitar talent in this band is out of this world insane. First album with their new vocalist.
Favorite Song: Gray Matter Mechanics - Apassionata Ex Machinea / Proponent For Sentience III - The Extermination

Honorable Mention:
Gojira - Magma

(Song starts around 2:10 mark if you don't want to watch the intro)

vegawriters

Re: Your Top 5 of 2016!

Unread postby vegawriters » 14 Dec 2016 08:18

Whee!

Let's see ... I can never remember what came out this year since I spent so much time reviewing albums and so everything gets muddled in my head. BUT! And I'm sure if I had more coffee, I could remember more. lol.

OBVIOUSLY Fury. :)
Dorothy's Rock is Dead was on repeat for weeks.
I'm liking what I hear off of Green Day's Revolution Radio
The Coathanger's Nosebleed Weekend is AWESOME
And CrazyEx Girlfriend's soundtrack. Seriously, the show is awesome and the music is better. ;)

Pick up a pen and fight a war for the right to dream.
- Live/The Sanctity of Dreams

Shows
March 12, 2014/HCIRT/SLC, UT

Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Dana » 14 Dec 2016 08:36

#2017ForDavid :sp:

Kship2001
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Kship2001 » 01 Jan 2017 16:39

Hands Like Houses plays on octane. I've heard a few I like.

My top 5 for 2016

1. Fury duh!

2. Unleashed - Skillet (my #2 band)

3. Serenity of Suffering - Korn

4. The Stage - Avenged Sevenfold (still getting used to this album, it's definitely a little different than previous albums)

5. Lifelines - I Prevail

There was a lot of good releases this year. I can't think of them. Every time I look them up, I get ones that end up from 2015 so I'll go with these

Crazy is just fine cause I like where I'm going :sp:

sickestpup
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby sickestpup » 04 Jan 2017 04:53

You guys know how extremely prejudiced I am when it comes to music so I only have a top 3

Fury - SP
Never Alone - Stitched Up Heart
Panic Stations - Motion City Soundtrack

Jeffry Novak
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jeffry Novak » 08 May 2017 05:15

1. Korn - Serenity of Suffering

2. Sick Puppies - Fury

3. Metallica - Hardwired...

4. Opeth - Sorceress

5. Riverside - Eye Of The Soundscape

Few can't be deceiving. It's not science!

Return to “Other Music You Love”