Greetings from Sweden!

Tell us who you are & why you love the Sick Puppies!
JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Greetings from Sweden!

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 13 May 2014 11:34

Hi! :wave:
My name is Johanna and I live in Stockholm, Sweden. Starting with the obvious, I'm a Sick Puppies fan. Apart from listening to the Sick Puppies I love knitting, old books, heavy metal :rock: , beer (porter and stout to be more specific) and geocaching.

I first learned about Sick Puppies as a recurring suggestion for me on Spotify (you know the Discover thingy that tries to predict what you might like?). They kept being suggested over and over again, and after a few months I caved and clicked on the picture. I listened to War and You're Going Down and just fell in love.

After a few more months Spotify told me (yes, I use Spotify a lot, I don't even own a CD player any more) the Puppies were coming to Stockholm to do a concert. I was gutted to see that it was on the same day as another concert I had already bought tickets for. But a few days before that concert I saw that they were doing another concert in Linköping the day after (a friday). My husband and I had planned on traveling to Linköping on Saturday morning to participate in a birthday party and again it looked like I was going to miss the Puppies and yet be so close :wall: . I complained loudly and at length to my poor hubby. Two days before the concert he came home from work and asked me which Sick Puppies songs were the best and I gave him a few suggestions. The next morning he e-mailed me while I was at work and told me he had talked to the friends we were staying with in Linköping and asked if I could print the concert tickets. :crazy: Is my husband the best or what?? :sneakkiss:
The concert was incredible and totally worth all the trouble! I went from thinking they were good to being a full-blown fangirl in about an hour. I also scored my first signed band tee. :) Now I'm left hoping they will come back soon and that, next time, I won't have bought tickets to another concert...

I think I've already written too much so if anyone wants to know more about me, feel free to ask all kinds of questions!

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Greetings from Sweden!

Unread postby *J* » 13 May 2014 12:22

Welcome!!! So glad you got to see Sick Puppies live. Love their music, but their live show rocks! :rock:

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 13 May 2014 12:43

That's a great surprise with the tickets! Welcome to the forum by the way.

Steph

Lale_Opal
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Lale_Opal » 13 May 2014 12:50

Welcome!
Great you finally made it to the show! :rock: :rock: :rock:
I`m already missing the band too, let`s do our best to bring SP back to our countries asap! (Russia is very close to Sweden, hah :biggrin: )
Btw, do you love post hardcore?

| |

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 13 May 2014 13:05

Haha! Yes, part of Russia is very close to Sweden, but Russia is BIG! :smile:
At the concert Shim mentioned coming back in September, so maybe we'll both get to see them again soon :music:

I'm not sure what you mean with post hardcore, could you give me some examples? :tongue:

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby *J* » 13 May 2014 13:13

True! We don't have dates yet, but Sick Puppies are supposed to be returning to Europe in September or October.

jackvegas
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jackvegas » 13 May 2014 13:44

Welcome pleased to meet another fan.

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tbritting » 13 May 2014 16:28

Welcome to the family Johanna! Glad that you were able to see them live! :smile:

MarkJ1994
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby MarkJ1994 » 13 May 2014 16:57

Welcome to the crew!!! :D

Markj1994

Shows been to:
October 1, 2013~ Orlando, FL House of Blues
April 26, 2014- Fort Myers, FL.
April 27, 2014- Jacksonville, FL
August 3, 2014- Louisville, Kentucky

Dominique

Unread postby Dominique » 13 May 2014 17:33

Welcome welcome!!!!!!!!! :hug: :hug:

Cora

Unread postby Cora » 13 May 2014 21:24

Welcome to the forum!!!!!!

And yes. That guy wins at being a husband! ;) ;)

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavid :sp: Always in our hearts

Speedynek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Speedynek » 14 May 2014 03:21

Welcome! :) Glad you enjoyed the show :)

Thanks to for signature!

Proud 1st Czech member and Ambassador! :D

Will I ever learn to treasure the ones I care for? Everyone leaves in the end doesn't matter how hard you hold on. Doesn't matter how much you drain your heart for.

Lale_Opal
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Lale_Opal » 14 May 2014 03:31

| |

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 14 May 2014 03:38

Thanks for the welcome guys! I look forward to getting to know you all better :smile:

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 15 May 2014 03:03

I hadn't heard of them but I looked them up and listened to a song called Little Miss Obvious (is that the right band?) and it was really nice. Any favourite songs of yours I shouldn't miss??

Mayumi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mayumi » 15 May 2014 08:25

Welcome! :)
I love your mushroom knit cap!

Brazil is with the band!

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 15 May 2014 10:27

Mayumi
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Mayumi » 15 May 2014 13:24

Brazil is with the band!

JohannaGistvik
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby JohannaGistvik » 15 May 2014 23:04

crystal08

Unread postby crystal08 » 16 May 2014 05:37

Welcome Johanna!

So glad you got to go to the concert. Your husband is awesome!
I also love your hat. It's so cute I want one. lol

Return to “Introductions”