Greetings From Maine

Tell us who you are & why you love the Sick Puppies!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Greetings From Maine

Unread postby Carrie » 30 Aug 2013 16:24

I thought it was probably time I introduced myself since I've been hanging out here for months now. :biggrin:

My name is Carrie and I'm from southern Maine. I own a pet care company that I started 11 years ago after deciding to leave a highly stressful management position at a corporate company. I completely burned myself out and needed a life change. I'm now the happiest I've been in a long time! I have 2 dogs, a black Pug named Duncan and a French Bulldog named Honey who pretty much go everywhere with me.

I've been a fan of the Pups since the very first time I heard All The Same on the radio. I remember going home and searching the lyrics on the Internet to find out who the band was and I've been hooked ever since. I'm not sure why it took me so long to join you guys on the forum. You have all been so welcoming from the beginning! Emma has even inspired me to finally buy a bass guitar and learn how to play. Something I've been wanting to do for almost 15 years now!

A few things about me; I love alternative music! Of course, the SP are my fave, but I also love Alice In Chains, Foo Fighters, Shinedown, 30 Seconds To Mars, Imagine Dragons, Fuel, Sevendust, Jimmy Eat World, Silversun Pickups, "The band that shall not be named", Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy, Hoobastank, Puddle of Mudd...I could go on forever!

I'm a fan of all the New England sports teams, especially the Red Sox and I LOVE anything scary or Halloween related. Horror movies, Ghost Hunters, HHN in Orlando, and American Horror Story to name a few. I'm also a huge movie buff and could pretty much quote every line from any John Hughes movie from the 80's as well as some favorites from the 90's that I've watched more times than I can count. :-) Some of you are probably too young to even know who John Hughes is but if you get a chance, check out The Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles or Ferris Bueller's Day Off. You won't be disappointed.

I think that's it for now. I'm hoping to connect with some of you in the future, including my Maine peeps and those of you who will be at the Ritz show in Tampa. Thanks again for being so inviting to us newbies on here!

Tara
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Greetings From Maine

Unread postby Tara » 31 Aug 2013 03:48

Greetings to Maine! Good to meet you. My daughter Mia and myself are huge movie buffs and I've slowly been adding older movies to our collection and she thinks they are hysterical. I also help my Aunt with her exotic bird rescue and recently adopted a beautiful parrot named Paris from her.

Welcome to the crew if you have any questions or just wanna talk movies or pets shoot me a pm.

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby tbritting » 31 Aug 2013 09:57

Greetings from the other side of the Casco Bay bridge, lol :laugh: Welcome to the forum!

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 31 Aug 2013 19:22

It's was nice seeing you at the state show, and I'm sure I'll see you again next time SP is in the area!

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby stephb » 31 Aug 2013 20:38

Welcome Carrie!

Steph

WelcomeWagonTeam
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby WelcomeWagonTeam » 31 Aug 2013 20:47

:wave: On behalf of Sick Puppies and Sick Puppies World Crew we would like to thank you for joining us and welcome you to the forum.
If you have any questions or need any assistance at all please feel free to ask one of our Ambassador in the "Ask An Ambassador" thread found here: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=4514 Someone will get back to you shortly. We are glad to have
you as part of the World crew!

[]I, I won't justify-The way I live my life-'Cause I'm the one livin' it, feelin' it, tastin' it-And you're just wasting your time-Trying to throw me a line-When you're the one drowning I like where I'm at on my back-Floating down in my own riptide-The water is fine[/color]

Carrie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Carrie » 01 Sep 2013 07:40

Thanks guys! It's really great to be here!

bobrien
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bobrien » 03 Sep 2013 19:47

Hi Carrie! The important thing is not how long it took you to join the forum, its that you made it! Welcome! <3 your taste in bands! I see a few of my favs in your list :tongue:

Heather

Unread postby Heather » 08 Sep 2013 23:59

Welcome Carrie!

~Heather

08-15-08: New Orleans 08-16-08: Tupelo 04-18-09: Nashville 10-14-09: Little Rock 10-23-09: Nashville 04-22-10: Jackson 07-13-10: Memphis 08-11-10: Little Rock 09-10-10: Nashville 04-30-11: Memphis 09-20-13: Little Rock 09-27-13: Nashville 03-25-17: Clarksville

Return to “Introductions”