Well, now. Lookit that.

Tell us who you are & why you love the Sick Puppies!
Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Well, now. Lookit that.

Unread postby Donna » 01 Sep 2008 18:40

Welcome Ginger - great to have you here!! :biggrin:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

iPanda
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby iPanda » 01 Sep 2008 20:18

Vertigo & Serge: Thank you both! To be totally honest, going Vegan was a spur-of-the-moment type of thing. I mean, I saw PETA's "Meet Your Meat" video and right then and there I was determined on cutting meat right out of my diet for good. Not the most ideal timing, though. [Thanksgiving at my GRANDMOTHER'S house with family over...] So I was a Vegetarian for about... a week, total, haha. And then I went Vegan, and that was September of last year, so it's been almost a full year! :D

Punklawngnome: Thank you! We're not an official band just yet - it's just three of us. But two of us are girls, so it'd be awesome if we made it and changed society's views on girl in bands. :]

Donna: Thanks so much! :D Eeee, I feel so loved already. Ahahaaa.

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 01 Sep 2008 21:07

Welcome to the board, Ginger! :wave:

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 01 Sep 2008 22:32

Welcome Ginger!!!! Look forward to seeing you around the board.

theres no way I could be a vegan...you really do have will power

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 01 Sep 2008 23:56

See now, aren't you glad I coaxed you out of hiding and encouraged you to introduce yourself? :biggrin:

Teehee. Anywho, I'm Crystal. (As I'm sure you had already figured out, lol.) And we are all one big happy family here. So enjoy yourself and feel free to ask if you have any questions. But a big warm welcome!! :hug:

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Katy » 02 Sep 2008 04:09

Welcome to the board, Ginger!

morwen1031
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby morwen1031 » 02 Sep 2008 04:22

Welcome to the board Ginger :wave:

I'm not a vegan (I'm not sure I have that much will power!), but I'm very much a supporter of animal rights, so it looks like we have that in common :D

Do you have a name for your band yet?

Morwen1031

Sick Puppies World Crew Ambassador - New York
Welcome Wagon Team Member
Such is the way of it, to find and lose, as it would seem to those whose boat is on the running stream...

iPanda

Unread postby iPanda » 02 Sep 2008 10:29

Kemmy: Thanks so much! :]

Sheila: Thank you! It's one of the easiest things I've ever done, to be honest. I mean, I love animals and anything I can do to stop their horrible mistreatment in slaughterhouses and elsewhere, I'll do. :]

Crystal: Yes! I don't regret it one bit! :D Thanks so much!

Katy: Thank you! :3

Morwen1031: Thank you! Oh, it's so great to hear that. If I ever went on a rant in front of my friends about this, they wouldn't get it at all, so, I mean, it's great to know that someone actually understands where I'm coming from. :D

We do have a name - and a blank MySpace and a Hotmail account, for that matter - Burn.Bright.Sky. :D It's me on bass & backing vocals, my friend Vivian on guitar and vocals, and our other friend, Joel, on drums. [Wow, does that sound familliar? Ahahaaa.] We're thinking of getting a keyboardist in or something. Still sort of up in the air. :]

Karencita
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Karencita » 02 Sep 2008 18:23

Welcome Ginger!!!

I've been playing bass for about ten months now. But I was pretty much learning by myself, I only started with the "real" classes about a month ago. I showed my teacher a video of Emma and he was pretty amazed hehehe...
I dont have a band or anything yet, but hopefully I will someday!
I think it's great you have a band and that you are all learning together!

iPanda

Unread postby iPanda » 02 Sep 2008 18:37

Thanks so much!
I'm actually most likely going to be taking lessons this year. I mean, I'm all for the do-it-yourself method, I'd just like to get a solid foundation from someone who knows what they're doing. :D Books can only go so far! I feel like I need someone to catch me on my bad habits and give me tips and all that.
But yeah, that's just me. Good luck with starting your own band!

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 02 Sep 2008 19:49

welcome =]

chikguitaristnan
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby chikguitaristnan » 03 Sep 2008 08:10

hey ginger, welcome to the board!! :wave:

one love

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 03 Sep 2008 11:55

Hey Ginger, just out of curiousity...what state are you from?

iPanda

Unread postby iPanda » 03 Sep 2008 17:49

Pwneress: Thank you!

Chikguitaristnan: Thank you so much! :D

Katy: I'm from New York, but I'm living in New Jersey. :]

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 03 Sep 2008 17:50

Thank you! :)

Jamie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Jamie » 17 Sep 2008 17:43

Welcome Ginger. Thats really cool about you starting the band.

jakeball9
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jakeball9 » 21 Sep 2008 17:57

wecome to the board Ginger

Return to “Introductions”