Hello...

Tell us who you are & why you love the Sick Puppies!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
michaeljr5
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello...

Unread postby michaeljr5 » 07 Aug 2008 16:51

My name is Michael and I am a Sick Puppies fan. Up until 16 February, 2008, I didn't even know who they were. My Step Daughter asked me to go to the concert and get her the CD. So, I went. I'd never listened to them or anything. My first experience with them was the live show. They are very talented and sounded great! So I bought the CD and listened to them. They are quite different than the other alternative/indie bands out there. I remember when Indie was called GRUNGE! LOL I came of age listening to Alice in Chains, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. I grew up to Hair/Glam Rock! So I see where this Indie stuff has it's roots.

Usually bands now a days that are labled Indie or Alternative are SOOOOOOO freaking depressing! Like Hinder, "The band that shall not be named", Saliva and the sort... I really get tired of the "O-Woe-is-me" stuff! Sick Puppies are upbeat, and happy in there music. I actually ment them at the show I went to. They are very down to earth and approachable. Being a bass guitarist, I have a tendancy to pick out the bass riffs when listening to things. Emma is a VERY talented musician! Then you see her and she's a bomb shell! All that and she's cute too! LOL

Any hoop, just a little on me, going to the concert Saturday. I asw that it is not listed in the Concert section. It's at 8PM, at the Blue Loon, in Fairbanks, Alaska. Hope to see a few of you there! ROCK ON! :rock:

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Hello...

Unread postby Sheila » 07 Aug 2008 16:53

Welcome to the board Michael!

you'll have to post a review of the show, i'm sure we would all love to hear it :rock:

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 07 Aug 2008 17:05

Welcome to the board!! :) :crazy:

My avatar is always watching.

decadence21
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby decadence21 » 07 Aug 2008 17:18

Welcome Michael!

It's good to have you here!

aka Sarah

omgdenise
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby omgdenise » 07 Aug 2008 17:54

Welcome Michael, Great you joined! :wave:
This is the best place, ever!

That's good that your first experience with them was there Concert.
They're the best live. :D

:rock:

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Crystal
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Crystal » 07 Aug 2008 18:36

Welcome, again! Hehe. You'll have to let us all know about the show on Saturday, and maybe post a picture or two. :biggrin:

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 07 Aug 2008 19:14

Welcome to the board, Michael

I'm sure you'll enjoy the show :rock:

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 07 Aug 2008 20:59

Welcome Michael! Looking forward to our review from the show- you'll have a great time :rock:

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 07 Aug 2008 21:07

Welcome to the board!

Lisa
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lisa » 07 Aug 2008 21:14

Hi, Michael, welcome to the board. :wave:

michaeljr5

Unread postby michaeljr5 » 07 Aug 2008 21:28

Kemmy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Kemmy » 07 Aug 2008 21:37

bodie20
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby bodie20 » 07 Aug 2008 21:47

Welcome to the board Michael! Do you like being called Mike? have fun posting!

PassionPuppy

Unread postby PassionPuppy » 07 Aug 2008 23:16

Hey Michael!

Happy to hear how you got turned on to SP!!! I wish I was going for the second time in one year! Gonna be awesome! Have a great time, and welcome!

morwen1031
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby morwen1031 » 08 Aug 2008 04:12

Welcome to the Board michael!

I too am a child of hair metal who discovered "real" music during the early to mid 90s (no offense to any current fans of Poison or anything...haha). I'm a happy convert to bands like SP though.

Hope you enjoy your time here :D

Morwen1031

Sick Puppies World Crew Ambassador - New York
Welcome Wagon Team Member
Such is the way of it, to find and lose, as it would seem to those whose boat is on the running stream...

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 08 Aug 2008 04:14

Welcome, Michael! Have fun at the concert you're going too! I hope you take lots of pictures. :)

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 08 Aug 2008 09:19

Welcome to the Board

Have fun at the concert let us know how much it rocked

ANd Alice in Chains :rock:

michaeljr5

Unread postby michaeljr5 » 10 Aug 2008 02:13

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 10 Aug 2008 20:25

Welcome aboard Michael! :rock:

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Pwneress
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Pwneress » 10 Aug 2008 22:56

welcome =]

Return to “Introductions”