Festival-ish Sick Puppies/Free Hugs

Have your own Free Hugs video or photos? Share them here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Catherine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Festival-ish Sick Puppies/Free Hugs

Unread postby Catherine » 13 Jun 2010 19:44

I love planning events and I was trying to think of something cool to do. What if everyone in MD/VA/PA/NC/NY (and anyone willing to drive even farther!) got together one weekend and met at... a park? or something, and set up a cool table, have some posters and stickers of SP and newsletter sign ups AND we wear the FREE HUGS t-shirt and duhh give people free hugs! :) It'd be cool to hang out AND promote SP and stuff. Maybe bring our dogs out too? Play some SP in the back ground? Recruit SPWC members?

Just brainstorming, what do you guys think?

“You are the classiest person I have ever seen at a rock concert- you’ve got your high heels and nice clothes. But man, do you know how to rock!”

-Random guy at a Three Days Grace concert :)

Rock Concert Travelers
http://www.myspace.com/concert_travelers
http://www.twitter.com/R_C_Travelers
concert_travelers@yahoo.com

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Festival-ish Sick Puppies/Free Hugs

Unread postby angelbear425 » 14 Jun 2010 10:49

Catherine I actually really like that idea! :smile:

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 14 Jun 2010 15:10

Tell me whe and I'll try to convise my parents that we sould go there for a weekend. :laugh:
Doubtful though. :cry: can we orginize one closer to Maine? Preferrble the southern half?
But its a great idea. People should do that like a week before SP plays a show there so they can get people hyped up and maybe even sell out the show.

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Catherine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Catherine » 15 Jun 2010 15:46

Thank you angelbear! :) I was trying to think of something fun to do! And agentsouth, How far are you from like...PA or NY? I feel like more people are down south, but I don't really know how far away Maine is! Sounds like a long drive!

“You are the classiest person I have ever seen at a rock concert- you’ve got your high heels and nice clothes. But man, do you know how to rock!”

Rock Concert Travelers

Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Rose » 15 Jun 2010 16:21

Its like about four hours to the edge of vermont that touches lake champlaine. I would make the drive, no second thoughts. It would be great, I'd bring a friend and a sister but I don't have a car...
:ugh:
...Or a licences for that matter. :cry:
I'm thirteen and I don't know anybody in my area that would be willling to drive me. :cry:

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

Catherine
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Catherine » 15 Jun 2010 20:12

WELL if it ever happens it might not be for a few years! :) I might just convince some of my friends to do it, they'll think it's insane but I think they'd have a lot of fun! Maybe everyone can just do it for there own local show? And just invite as many people as they know? It could be like a party with all your friends, but in a public park where you support awesome music and hug strangers! lol Can you tell I'm getting a little too amped for this? haha

Rock Concert Travelers

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 16 Jun 2010 09:12

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

tbritting
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby tbritting » 17 Jun 2010 12:32

from Portland, ME to New York City is about 8 and a half hours. Maybe something in Boston would be cool ;))

Return to “Free Hugs”