Ambassadors honoring Sick Puppies at Pointfest

Have your own Free Hugs video or photos? Share them here!
Susanna
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Susanna » 18 May 2008 14:36

Thank you to our ambassadors who hit the Missouri show today honoring the Pups with a Free Hugs mission. I'm sure that they will be very touched by your gesture considering the reason they were unable to attend.

The last text I received from Nicole was 100 hugs given.

I want an update (photos, videos) here as soon as you two get home and relaxed!
Last edited by Susanna on 18 May 2008 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby Serge » 18 May 2008 16:03

That's awesome!

I wanna see photos and video too :)

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby hshiau » 18 May 2008 16:28

That's truly amazing. Great job!

Ok. Here's a question to the few guys out there. I know that a guy started the Free Hugs campaign but have any of you participated? I have to think it's easier for a girl to get free hugs than a guy. Thoughts?

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 18 May 2008 16:55

Oh wow! That's an amazing amount of hugs! And they are actually keeping count?!? I would forget to count lol I can't wait for the photos! And I would totally participate in something like that in this area!

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 18 May 2008 17:53

Great job guys--that is awesome!! I can't wait to hear all about it and hope you guys did get photos, video, etc!!

;D

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 18 May 2008 18:08

That's great! ;D I wonder if they met up with Zach? d**n...I should have sucked it up and gone by myself. Oh well.

Can't wait for pictures and more stories!

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 18 May 2008 21:58

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 19 May 2008 02:07

It was awesome so many people were so nice. We got rushed by people many times. We got hugs from guys, girls, kids and everyone. We even got people saying my friend needs a hug because they were having a bad day. It made me happy because everyone smiled after getting a Free Hug it was so awesome. There were other people there with Free hugs t-shirts and some woman just wrote it on themself so cool. Well we dont have many photos because were to busy giving out the hugs and passing out the stickers, but we got 150+ hugs. We lost count when we were rushed but 10 to 15 people i will try to post the pics we have soon.

I have to add one more thing Jaun Mann is now my hero. Doing the Free Hugs was the most amazing feeling in the whole world it made peoples day so it made my day. So special thanks to Jaun Mann for being so awesome and starting Free Hugs.
Last edited by nicolenice on 19 May 2008 02:23, edited 1 time in total.

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 19 May 2008 02:10

Can't wait to see those pics! :)

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 19 May 2008 05:14

That is an awesome turnout! Great job! I'm looking forward to the pics from the show as well.

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 19 May 2008 19:10

Awesome! I want to do free hugs. I hope my shirt comes in sooner than later *sigh*

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 19 May 2008 22:52

angelbear425
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby angelbear425 » 20 May 2008 11:42

Great job with the Free Hugs everyone!!! That is amazing!! Can't wait to see some pics from it!! ;D

Shim: You don't like Rage Against the Machine?
Me: I like one song.
Shim: Which one?
Me: Bulls on Parade.
Shim: F%&* off! HAHA

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 20 May 2008 20:19

thanx susanna!! we got up to 150!! probably more tho. it was really hard to keep track! we got attacked quite a few times lol. there were many group hugs given! i had a blast and cant wait to do it again!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 20 May 2008 20:24

Was most of the people who hugged you male or female? Or was it pretty even. I'm just curious.....

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 20 May 2008 20:27

honestly i think it was a pretty even mix. maybe a few more girls than guys. but for the most part it was pretty balanced

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 20 May 2008 20:32

Here are my stats on Free Hugs for that day:

TOTAL: 62
Female: 52
Male: 10

REJECTIONS: 3
Passive: 1
Active: 1
Down-right brutal: 1

:P

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 20 May 2008 20:34

awwwww. i remember u telling me about the first one. u got two more??? what happened?

i think even we had a couple but i just blew them off lol

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 20 May 2008 20:35

Zach
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Zach » 20 May 2008 20:43

About stats, yes I take them on everything and usually do regressions to find trends. It's in my nature because of the emphasis in medicine and psychology. ;)

About the rejections, the down-right brutal one is the funniest, but the other two were classics as well. The passive one was someone said "you're giving free hugs? That's cool, but I don't want one. Thanks though." Nice. The active rejection was the one that Nicole heard about. A guy came up to me with his arms open and said "Free hugs?" I went to give him a hug and he looked at me and said "I was just kidding, and started lauging as he walked away."

And now the truly amusing one. This lady came up to give me a hug and this guy (quite thuggish and biker-like) pulled her back by the shoulder and said "Yeah right, I don't think so." He glared at me and used some nice profane words / gestures. As he was approximately double my size, I walked away rather hastily. :P

Return to “Free Hugs”