free hugs in scotland

Have your own Free Hugs video or photos? Share them here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
paulmason
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

free hugs in scotland

Unread postby paulmason » 21 Mar 2010 10:23

yesterday i decided to do a free hugs campaign in stirling in scotland, at first it was rather slow but i met friends and they all hugged me and a few joined in with thier own signs aswell, because of this more strangers felt less awkward to approach us for a hug and a few people asked about why and how this started. i had my picture taken with people and a few people offered me money, thinking it was for charity :biggrin: but i turned down there offer, telling them that they were for free :smile:

anyway at the train station i met a group of people that asked about the story and how it started. i told them all about juan mann and why he did it and how sick puppies helped make it famous. Then they told me they were in a band called "communicator" and they had a gig later that night at an australian bar called the "outback" (i felt amazing, cause that my favourite pub). They wanted me and my friend to come along and give out free hugs while they were playing and we also gave them a sign. half way through theyre gig they held up the sign and told everyone about the free hugs campaign and explained that they fully support it and think its great and encouraged more people to loosen up and have a hug. then me and my friend were invited up to hug all the band members.

it was great, we eventually reached the point where people were telling us theyve already had a hug. so im pretty sure its safe to say that we hugged every willing person in the outback (more than once :laugh: )

theyre was also a man taking videos and pictures of the band, and they also took a picture of just us huggin people :smile:. he said hes gonna put them on youtube, but im not sure what his name is or anything :oops:

unfortunatley i dont have any evidence to recieve my points, but i still felt inclined to share this story with you, cause i had such a great time. and if i do find any pictures or videos of us or the band, il be sure to post them :)

im not the master of the universe, i walk the earth the wrong way

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Re: free hugs in scotland

Unread postby Cassie » 21 Mar 2010 11:13

Very cool story!

leomartin6
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby leomartin6 » 19 Apr 2010 05:07

Aha ! Nice one.

and guide

hamjen
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby hamjen » 24 Apr 2010 21:41

That's awesome! I am sure you had a very cool experience!!! :crazy:

paulmason
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby paulmason » 25 Apr 2010 08:37

i cant find any pictures of the free hugs, but heres the bands myspace, theyre pretty awesome and are really cool people :)

http://www.myspace.com/communicatoronline

im not the master of the universe, i walk the earth the wrong way

Return to “Free Hugs”