Sick Puppies Are The thing That Saved Me.

Draw an awesome photo of the band? Want to give them a shout of thanks? Put it here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dnvnkillgallon
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Sick Puppies Are The thing That Saved Me.

Unread postby dnvnkillgallon » 10 Feb 2011 16:20

Hey, I just wanted to say how much Sick Puppies has changed my life in the past 6 months, I'm just starting high school this year, and people, of course, are known for being pricks sometimes. The first few months of school were HELL. I don't know how many times people kept putting me at the bottom of the pile, just due to the type of music that I listened to, or even the way I look. I had known about SP for a while there, but I never really looked into them. In late October, when I was at my lowest, I really needed some good music to cheer me up just a little. I went to the Exclusive Co. on state street in Madison, and found that they had a few copies of both Tri Polar, And Dressed Up. I didn't think about looking around any longer, because of how much I've heard through the radio. I got home, popped Tri Polar in, and was just blown away at the sounds, the lyrics, and even the sincerity of the music. Remember, this was at a moment where I was borderline suicidal from all the things happening in my life at the time, but once I heard Sick Puppies, it helped me get out of it. I still remember the night that I started listening, I wouldn't let anything else play on my iPod. I can't even count how many times I've listened to any of the albums start to end. In a nutshell, Sick Puppies saved my life. Rock on, guys. I just really wanted you all to know how much this band means to me.

*J*
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Sick Puppies Are The thing That Saved Me.

Unread postby *J* » 10 Feb 2011 16:58

We feel the same way...thanks for sharing! :wink:

katie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby katie » 10 Feb 2011 19:07

Im so glad Sick Puppies was able to help you through such a rough time :smile: I REALLY struggled during high school too, im not sure if i would still be here i hadn't found Sick Puppies.. Soo I guess Sick Puppies saved both of us :hug:

hamjen
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby hamjen » 10 Feb 2011 19:14

Thanks for sharing your stories! SP have so many meaningful songs that have inspired and helped alot of us! :hug:

dnvnkillgallon
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby dnvnkillgallon » 10 Feb 2011 19:34

Thank you all for the support! If the message could get to Shim, Emma, or mark, I really would like them to know how big of an impact they've made me.

McGeek
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby McGeek » 20 Feb 2011 12:46

:) I'm glad they helped! I'm a believer that music can pull you back from the edge.Sick Puppies have kept me sane the last few months, well relatively sane. I've always been a bit nuts! Hope things are getting better for you!

Return to “Fan Art & Appreciation”