Sick Puppies Roleplay Forum?

Draw an awesome photo of the band? Want to give them a shout of thanks? Put it here!
RandomHero
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Sick Puppies Roleplay Forum?

Unread postby RandomHero » 08 Aug 2010 19:56

Okay so I have stumbled upon an idea, something rare for me! :crazy:

I like to write, so many years ago I picked up a hobby of roleplaying. A roleplay forum, for those who have never tried one, is essentially a forum where you would create a character and live them out.. like writing a story, only you would have other people to play with!

Here is an example of a roleplay I made recently, that wasn't exactly a hit (LOL):
http://z7.invisionfree.com/UponTheSkies ... hp?act=idx

Now here is my idea:
I was watching the video for Odd One.. and I came to realize that a lot of Sick Puppies music tells a story that you can draw your own conclusion from. For example Odd One; the video tells a story obviously about the girl who has different kinds of powers (looking at it from a writers perspective, although the story is so much more). I could build onto that and write a plot for a forum roleplay, with some time!

I could probably incorporate other Sick Puppy songs and make something interesting ;)... I have seen ideas like this take off for the band MUSE, and that roleplay seemed very interesting so maybe this one would be too?

Now my question is, would I be legally allowed to do any of this? and if so, would I be able to affiliate with or advertise on SPWC?

Let me know what you guys think! This is all in the early stages, so give me any ideas you may have!

~Taylor

August 5th, 2010 - The Chance Theater (Poughkeepsie, NY)

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sick Puppies Roleplay Forum?

Unread postby listentothemusic » 08 Aug 2010 20:04

Man, I used to love RP forums for books. :biggrin: I've recently been thinking about how I regret stopping. I'd love to see this happen if it could!

RandomHero
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RandomHero » 08 Aug 2010 20:19

yeah I started with Harry Potter RP's when I was like 11 or 12... and recently I have been tending to stick around real life RP's (but I recently quit :\)

Thanks for the support :) It would probably base mainly around Odd One and be a human/sci-fi kind of thing... I have to sit down and try to write a plot :crazy:

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby listentothemusic » 08 Aug 2010 20:35

I started on Warriors RP's when I was ten. Against the whole 13+ thing, :shh: but no one really cared. :laugh: I did some real life and other books too, plus some fantasy. You got me curious to see if I had any posts saved anywhere, but I don't. :cry: So something like there'd be the powers people and humans and how they interact? That wasn't the best sentence ever written, but oh well.

RandomHero
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RandomHero » 08 Aug 2010 20:42

haha xD

and yea something like that is what I'm thinking. We could have cannon characters (characters I write, involved in the plot) for the two main characters in the odd one video... and then like I said I can try to incorporate other sick puppies songs into the main plot based on Odd One

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby listentothemusic » 08 Aug 2010 20:59

RandomHero
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RandomHero » 08 Aug 2010 21:02

yea my bad LOL, glad to see your in tune with RP'ing :crazy:

yea zombies might be able to be tied in later on, but canons for the thugs would be a great idea thanks :) I think the hardest part of it all would be getting good pictures of all the characters, which is where hopefully SPWC could help us out :)

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby listentothemusic » 08 Aug 2010 21:21

RandomHero
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RandomHero » 08 Aug 2010 21:53

Well that's why I am posting here, to make sure I have the legal right to do all of this ;) If I am legally able to do all of this, it would be easier for me to look out for help

I could code the site and everything.. the site example from the first post was all coded/created in a matter of two days, but the writing process would possibly take a while

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby listentothemusic » 08 Aug 2010 22:55

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 09 Aug 2010 05:32

You can make a fan site, link to it in your signature, etc... but we cannot have an unofficial site affiliated with SPWC. Especially something like roleplaying or fanfiction, because people tend to have very strong emotions for or against them. But like I said, you're free to make any site you want, it just cannot be an SPWC site.

RandomHero
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RandomHero » 09 Aug 2010 07:04

Awesome, thanks Becky! Would I be able to link back to SPWC so any fans (if they join the RP, chances are they like Sick Puppies LOL) can join us here at the world crew?

I will start thinking up a plot and chances are the site itself will be made today.. so when I make the site I will post it here before I begin working on it

RandomHero
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RandomHero » 09 Aug 2010 16:50

Okay so just some ideas:

-The plot would involve the two teenagers from the Odd One video, and would be a major chunk of the plot.. the girl has the power to end/recreate life with a single touch and she meets with the boy who also has the same power.. what if maybe there were like 5 or 6 more people with the ability in the surrounding area?

-Some ideas for groups

The Odd Ones (special group):
A small group of people with the ability to end/recreate life with a single touch. They wear yellow gloves to void their ability. Only a small group of people would be able to be in this group, and the basis would probably be something along the lines of the "Odd Ones" all finding out about each other in event(s) that would be part of the main plot.. still in development

Free Hugs Group (special group):
An organization with the easy mission of going out, and making someone feel good. They can be seen around the city (wherever the roleplay will take place) with cardboard signs that read "Free Hugs" on each side, hugging anybody who approaches them. They draw lots of attention from the local police, but always find a way around the law enforcement. Not everybody could be in this group, but the group would be bigger than the "Odd Ones" group

I am also trying to find a way to create groups for residents of the city.. I might make a high school area and have different cliques for students, and than have some groups for adults (but I need ideas)..feel free to post any ideas you guys may have!

EDIT: The site is officially made!
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Odd_One/index.php

I havent started creating it yet, but that will be the official link.

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby listentothemusic » 09 Aug 2010 19:12

Awesome! Sounds like you're getting along pretty well on the plot/groups. With residents from the city you could do it by class or career type? And WOOHOO on the board being made! :cheer: :laugh:

RandomHero
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RandomHero » 09 Aug 2010 19:35

I was thinking of just doing cliques for student characters, and then for adults I could have like...

Thugs: the criminals
Police: the law enforcement
Averages: every other kind of average resident

Plot details:
-post odd one, meaning this is years after the events in the odd one music video... maybe the teenagers were discovered by the officials (the mayor, police, etc) and taken into custody for investigation of their abilities

-the mayor was an "Odd One" in hiding all along, and was impeached after he was discovered. the mayor helped the original two odd ones escape the city (which I am thinking I will leave nameless, just because the idea of a roleplay taking place in some ominous nameless city sounds interesting to me)

-there could be a time period during when the 3 known Odd Ones (The mayor, the nameless female teen, and nameless male teen) escaped the city and went into hiding where violence reaped the city for a while (maybe week or so? I don't know yet) which would have a major toll on the overall plot.. this would give the small group of "Odd Ones" reasoning to keep quiet about their gift.

I guess that would be the sci-fi side of the plot... on top of the above I could also incorporate a high school area to accommodate the city areas and such..

-The normal residents of the city would have little knowledge of the odd ones. They wouldn't know that there are still any left, and gossip would be passed around about them... basic stuff. Of course there would be people out to eliminate any "Odd Ones" who may still be out there, and there would be people who support them and are loyal to them (maybe the free hugs group, it could be a secret extension of the group for roleplaying purposes)

thats what I have so far... brainstorming = :crazy:

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby listentothemusic » 09 Aug 2010 20:22

:thumbsup: So the general public's view of the "Odd Ones" is negative?

RandomHero
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RandomHero » 09 Aug 2010 20:43

For the most part yes, I could say how the media painted a negative portrait of the "Odd Ones".. but there would be people who think positively of them.. the free hugs campaign.. ;)

its all still in early development, but this is where I would like to lead it. I installed a skin to the board! I will probably get all of the coding out of the way first before I start working on the actual forums and RP areas

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby listentothemusic » 10 Aug 2010 11:38

You got the plot up! Nice.

RandomHero
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RandomHero » 10 Aug 2010 11:42

thanks, the chat box is up too ;)

if your going to join don't register yet :crazy:

The Plot:

Welcome to the real world. A large city just like any other. The real world, as residents have come to call it, is anything BUT real. Twenty two years before present day, the city became victim of an event that the government has code named the "Tripolar Incident".

Months before The Tripolar Incident, two teenagers were taken into custody by the city. One male, one female. The teenagers were believed to have supernatural powers that would enable them to be able to end and recreate life with a single touch. The city wanted to take the teenagers into custody so they could pass them onto the state, and do research on their powers for military purposes. These group of people were eventually labeled as the "Odd Ones".

The state kept silent about the investigation, and didn't release any official info to the public... but word got around, tainted by gossip and lies. Rumors started to circulate that the mayor, who ordered the abduction of the Odd Ones for investigation, was himself an Odd One. This was just the beginning of what came to be the Tripolar Incident.

The state decided to investigate the mayor, but when they arrived at his office he had already been on the roof with the two teenagers to catch a helicopter and escape the town before things got violent. The city was declared a state of emergency. Angry residents wanted to know exactly what was going on, starting massive riots and bringing anarchy across the entire city. Buildings were burned down, including the mayors office, and the United States Army was brought in to take care of the issue. Even the children were turned against each other, creating mock wars in the areas surrounding the city that weren't victimized to the terror that was destroying everything and everybody. Emotional troubles struck everybody.

Over the course of three days, there were over 250 casualties due to murder, health issues from the warzone, or suicide. The American government did their best to hush up the Tripolar Incident, and appointed the city a new mayor.

Now in present day, things are slowly but surely returning to the way they were. Most of the buildings that were lost during the war have been rebuilt, and most of the surviving residents have moved on. The world has almost forgotten about The Tripolar Incident, but some small groups within the city still struggle to reveal the truth. Word has it there are still residents of the city who harvest supernatural powers. Are you one of them? Are you out to destroy them, or are you out to support them? Welcome to the real world, where life is everything BUT real.

Inspired by the videos for Odd One and Your Going Down :)

The rest of the site will be inspired by other songs as well, but that's the plot^

listentothemusic
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby listentothemusic » 10 Aug 2010 12:13

Return to “Fan Art & Appreciation”