Thanks, guys

Draw an awesome photo of the band? Want to give them a shout of thanks? Put it here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mcmst43
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Thanks, guys

Unread postby mcmst43 » 27 Jun 2010 07:59

Couldn't figure out any other way to potentially get a message to the band, so here goes:
My two year old son was diagnosed with Autism on 10 May, 2010. Two days later, while driving in my car and crying, I heard for the first time your song, "Odd One" on the radio. I'm sure other people have already related this song to autism, but it really spoke to me. Mostly, it made me feel better. "We're gonna laugh at this some day."
We recently completed our first Walk Now for Autism Speaks. We had less than a month between his diagnosis and the walk date to form a team, raise donations, and make shirts. Here's the graphic I finally choose for the shirt fronts.
Thanks again, guys. I've been a fan for awhile, but I really, honestly NEEDED to hear this song. I sang it to myself during the whole 1 mile walk.

My World
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Thanks, guys

Unread postby My World » 16 Jul 2010 13:38

:hug: "Odd one" is a great song :music: sorry to hear about your son but it will be ok :hug:

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 16 Jul 2010 16:40

The best place for you to post your message would be . Emma checks that thread pretty frequently.

mcmst43
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby mcmst43 » 16 Jul 2010 18:08

Thanks Crew!

psycolovermonkey
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby psycolovermonkey » 16 Jul 2010 18:33

:hug: :smile: I wont say I'm sorry becouse everything happens for a reason (you're probably tied of hearing I'm sorry anyway :smile: ) But I'm really glad you found something to get you thru the tougher times :smile: :hug:

Thanks us4gim4ru for making my Avatar for me - Many hugs :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
:<3: Play HAYPI KINGDOM it's the best MMO game on Apple/Android :wink: Trust me :wink: I would know Im an expert and they only pick 2 per server (20,000 people) :<3: Refer DarkGodess and I'll love you forever :<3:
:<3: Joje thinks Emma`s a Goddess :<3:

pandorasjinx
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby pandorasjinx » 23 Jul 2010 23:07

i cant say i dont enjoy other rock groups (cause i do), but no other can compare to the SICK PUPPIES; its the only band i have ever fallen in loove with like a baby to a pacifier.

the lyrics, the performance, everything is so genuine and from the heart, that i cant help but to want to reach out to them; i admire these 3 individuals, but especially when they r up there on stage giving it their all. it strikes a cord in my heart that i can, not only relate to, but the effect that listening to their music brings me is comparitive to taking painkillers. it sounds weird, i know, but its true.

with every rough patch ive had i always listen to PITIFUL, ANYWHERE BUT HERE, ALL THE SAME, & of course, ODD ONE (since thats what i am).

so thank you again SHIMON, MARK, and EMMA!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!

hamjen
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby hamjen » 24 Jul 2010 07:18

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You have a gift for words! Shim would melt into mush if he heard you say that!!!!!!

I could not agree more with everything you said!

:hug:

Stacey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Stacey » 26 Jul 2010 17:32

Sassy, Classy And A Little Smart Assy

5/31/07-Denver~8/5/08-Casper~8/20/08-Denver~9/8/09-CO Springs~9/9/09-Denver~10/23/09-Nashville~5/12/10-CO Springs~5/13/10-Denver~4/22/11-Casper~7/27/11-Cheyenne~10/16/11-Las Vegas~10/12/12-Casper~10/13/12-Denver~6/22/13-North Platte~9/3/13-Denver~12/13/13-CO Springs~3/10/14-Denver~5/1/16-Jacksonville~12/8/16-Omaha~3/2/17-Billings~4/30/17-Henderson, NV

RandomHero
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby RandomHero » 08 Aug 2010 18:24

as I was reading this, Odd One came up on my iPod (I have all 3 of their albums on shuffle at the moment) ;)... Probably my favorite song off of the new album, if not by them period. I love how it can be transcribed in so many ways and into so many different meanings.

Your story was awesome to read, and I am glad that you have found such a powerful meaning in the music by Sick Puppies just as everybody on this forum has :)

As the person above me said, music is the best kind of medicine.. I have had people tell me they hate music and I just don't understand how that is possible.

August 5th, 2010 - The Chance Theater (Poughkeepsie, NY)

Return to “Fan Art & Appreciation”