Promoting the Band

Draw an awesome photo of the band? Want to give them a shout of thanks? Put it here!
DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Promoting the Band

Unread postby DropC » 29 Oct 2009 11:23

Hey, I have a queston or two about promoting the band. One, is it ok if I make stickers and things to put up around town to promote them? I can make the graphics myself. And two, this is kinda iffy, but can I amke a SAMPLE cd? Like, no whole songs, but small parts of some of their more popular songs. maybe a few seconds out of a chorus of the singles of something. Would that be ok?

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
Makes no difference OPEN THE DOOR!
I lost the game.

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Promoting the Band

Unread postby David » 29 Oct 2009 20:00

Well I don't think there is an issue if you want to create graphics (a skill I wish I had) and put them on stickers / flyers and distribute them.

As far as a sample cd......I'm not sure. This board has a very strict anti-piracy policy, you will need to hear from higher powers than I (a mod or admin) on that one.

I know you have good intentions with your sample cd idea, I'm just not sure how it plays into the rules of the board.
Last edited by David on 29 Oct 2009 23:35, edited 1 time in total.

I DO!!!!

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 29 Oct 2009 23:33

btw, I think its great you want to promote the Sick Puppies, your enthusiasm is refreshing.

Rock on!!! :rock:

I DO!!!!

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 30 Oct 2009 04:52

Thanks! My dad's a graphic artist, and I MIGHT be going to school for graphic arts technician work. :smile:

The next time they stop outside my f*cking house, I'm gonna drag them out the back door and...
*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
I lost the game.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 30 Oct 2009 08:14

I would say a strong NO on the sample CD. The stickers are a great idea, though!

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 30 Oct 2009 12:59

K, thanks Becky! Now I'm gonna take the stickers and put them on every car in the walmart parking lot >=P

*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
I lost the game.

Missy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Missy » 30 Oct 2009 14:28

Great idea!!! Just make sure not to make the stickers to where they can't get them off their car :laugh: We wouldn't want it backfiring and getting slapped with a vandalism charge or anything lol

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 30 Oct 2009 15:15

When you get your graphics done, be sure to post them here so we can all check them out.

I DO!!!!

Hollee
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Hollee » 30 Oct 2009 15:32

I'd love to see what graphics you come up with, I'm quite the graphic designer myself.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 30 Oct 2009 18:27

paulmason
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby paulmason » 31 Oct 2009 10:28

nice ideas :) unlucky about the CD though (i thought it wouldve been cool) looking forward to seeing the graphics :smile:

on a side note.... DARN YOU!!!!!! (i lost the game) :wall:

im not the master of the universe, i walk the earth the wrong way

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 02 Nov 2009 06:41

LOFL! Lost the game... :ugh: and Becky, nope, I'm gonna super-glue these things. So, I hope you don't shop at a Wal-Mart near here if you don't want a paint job consisting of Vinyl-print stickers :P Jk. They wont be hard to get off.

*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
I lost the game.

David
Ambassador Guardian
Ambassador Guardian

Unread postby David » 02 Nov 2009 16:06

I DO!!!!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 02 Nov 2009 16:16

:shocked: Yeah, don't stick anything that says Sick Puppies or has any of their logos, images, etc.. to ANYTHING. That would be considered vandalism, and Sick Puppies do not want anything to do with something of the sort.

Besides, David is right, if someone stuck a sticker to my car, I would never in a million years want to have anything to do with the band or whatever the sticker was advertising.

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 03 Nov 2009 04:52

I honestly doubt I'll even put them around cars. I might make flyers or cards to put under wipers, but I'm gonna put the stickers and posters in other random places. Maybe the boxes of cheap walmart guitars when the associates aren't looking =P I'm gonna ask around the mall if people mind if I put up posters.

*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
I lost the game.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 03 Nov 2009 04:55

^^^ Perhaps it would be best to hand out stickers at school or something?

DropC
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby DropC » 03 Nov 2009 05:36

I will. People around here are annoying in the fact that no one buys albums. I've asked all of the people I talk to if they buy albums, and every one of them just downloads offa frostwire :ugh:

*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Max.
Max? Max who?
I lost the game.

jls07
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby jls07 » 29 Nov 2009 12:38

Call me Jes!

Here since '08. Gotta love that Evanescence tour (;

ChewieRamone
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ChewieRamone » 15 Mar 2010 21:29

where i live, theres stickers everywhere and they work. there was a matthew good sticker on a stop sign, and i checked him out and eventually bought an album. however, it depends where you live.. my city (vancouver) is a real arts city so stickering is not considered vandalism in the least

signature made by danarap12 :)

Cassie
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador

Unread postby Cassie » 16 Mar 2010 14:03

Return to “Fan Art & Appreciation”