Cold Treatment

Draw an awesome photo of the band? Want to give them a shout of thanks? Put it here!
Fabio
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 2
Joined: 30 Mar 2014 18:56

Cold Treatment

Unread postby Fabio » 21 Feb 2016 10:34

Hi,
1st post here
I'm from Brazil , great fan of the band as all of you.

Do you know when the songs of your favorite band help you in hard times?
Sure that you know ;)

I do equipment for musicians, especially effects pedals. This is what I can do better and I can do very well, excuse me for this lack of modesty.
About 3 months ago I contacted Emma via Facebook ( official checked ) to give her a gift. I NEVER thought in advertising , NEVER thought in spotlight through her. I ordered a caricature with a local artist
Just a gift in the form of appreciation for SP music. She is strong, determined and a huge source of enthusiasm , and a talented bassist of course.

I wrote a simple , short and direct message requesting a P.O. Box so I'll be able to send the gift by postal services . I know that she was too busy with matters related to the band that time.

Finally , I was totally ignored by her. No answer, the message was read . Maybe " No thanks , I'm ok with gifts "

Anyone ever had a bad experience like this? Especially with people that you admire?

Excuse me by text content .

I 'm not crying in the wind, just reporting a bad experience I think that is the place to do this

to administrators : If my post is against the rules of the forum , please erase


Image

Image



User avatar
Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: 21 Oct 2009 22:26
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Cold Treatment

Unread postby Dana » 21 Feb 2016 16:37

Fabio wrote:Hi,
1st post here
I'm from Brazil , great fan of the band as all of you.

Do you know when the songs of your favorite band help you in hard times?
Sure that you know ;)

I do equipment for musicians, especially effects pedals. This is what I can do better and I can do very well, excuse me for this lack of modesty.
About 3 months ago I contacted Emma via Facebook ( official checked ) to give her a gift. I NEVER thought in advertising , NEVER thought in spotlight through her. I ordered a caricature with a local artist
Just a gift in the form of appreciation for SP music. She is strong, determined and a huge source of enthusiasm , and a talented bassist of course.

I wrote a simple , short and direct message requesting a P.O. Box so I'll be able to send the gift by postal services . I know that she was too busy with matters related to the band that time.

Finally , I was totally ignored by her. No answer, the message was read . Maybe " No thanks , I'm ok with gifts "

Anyone ever had a bad experience like this? Especially with people that you admire?

Excuse me by text content .

I 'm not crying in the wind, just reporting a bad experience I think that is the place to do this

to administrators : If my post is against the rules of the forum , please erase


Image

Image


You can send things to the bands POB

Sick Puppies
PO Box 18113
Beverly Hills, CA 90209


#2017ForDavid Image :sp:
Image

Fabio
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 2
Joined: 30 Mar 2014 18:56

Re: Cold Treatment

Unread postby Fabio » 21 Feb 2016 17:03

Dana wrote:You can send things to the bands POB

Sick Puppies
PO Box 18113
Beverly Hills, CA 90209


That is not the point, but thanks



User avatar
Dominique
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1628
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 22:24
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Re: Cold Treatment

Unread postby Dominique » 22 Feb 2016 10:55

I understand your frustration. However, it might have been less stressful to just come on here and ask what is the best way to get gifts to them or such. A lot of things get lost in social media for everyone. Admins, Mods and Ambassadors know the official PO box for them. It has been a busy year for the Pups and I know she wasn't purposefully ignoring you. :)


Image



AOM: 09.14 * 09.15 * 04.16
Upcoming Shows:
04.30.17
Awesome Shows:
12.08.16 * 09.26.16 * 05.01.16 * 04.30.16 * 04.29.16 ~ 08.07.14 * 07.27.14 * 05.25.14 * 03.10.14 ~ 12.13.13 * 09.03.13 * 09.02.13 ~ 10.13.12 ~ 04.21.11 ~ 10.30.10 * 05.14.10 * 05.13.10 * 05.12.10 ~ 09.09.09


#2016forDavid Image #begin

User avatar
Dana
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 2154
Joined: 21 Oct 2009 22:26
Location: Orlando, FL
Contact:

Re: Cold Treatment

Unread postby Dana » 22 Feb 2016 11:22

Fabio wrote:
Dana wrote:You can send things to the bands POB

Sick Puppies
PO Box 18113
Beverly Hills, CA 90209


That is not the point, but thanks


I guess I'm not sure what the post was for. Weren't you asking the POB of where you could send something to her?


#2017ForDavid Image :sp:
Image

User avatar
dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3787
Joined: 07 Mar 2010 16:30
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Cold Treatment

Unread postby dlcramer » 22 Feb 2016 11:24

Fabio wrote:
Dana wrote:You can send things to the bands POB

Sick Puppies
PO Box 18113
Beverly Hills, CA 90209


That is not the point, but thanks



So you expect a celebrity to respond to every fan that sends them a message? Happy for you if others have, but she probably gets multiple requests for things like this and does not have time to weed out the ones that are not sincere.

Edit: Let me just say there are WAY to many crazy people out there and I do not take anything away from a celeb that is extremely cautious when responding to "fans". One name comes to mind. John Lennon.



User avatar
Stacey
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 5343
Joined: 02 Apr 2008 06:35
Location: Laramie, Wyoming
Contact:

Re: Cold Treatment

Unread postby Stacey » 22 Feb 2016 11:30

I imagine verified FB accts are the fan ones...I also imagine a crap ton of msgs are sent and missed often. It's the best to always come here for the most up to date info. While we are all busy someone here is more apt to respond to you than the band directly.


Sassy, Classy And A Little Smart Assy

ImageImage


5/31/07-Denver~8/5/08-Casper~8/20/08-Denver~9/8/09-CO Springs~9/9/09-Denver~10/23/09-Nashville~5/12/10-CO Springs~5/13/10-Denver~4/22/11-Casper~7/27/11-Cheyenne~10/16/11-Las Vegas~10/12/12-Casper~10/13/12-Denver~6/22/13-North Platte~9/3/13-Denver~12/13/13-CO Springs~3/10/14-Denver~5/1/16-Jacksonville~12/8/16-Omaha~3/2/17-Billings~4/30/17-Henderson, NV

User avatar
dlcramer
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3787
Joined: 07 Mar 2010 16:30
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Re: Cold Treatment

Unread postby dlcramer » 22 Feb 2016 18:02

In talking to management, I was told that when it comes to anything like this, the most efficient way to go about this contact their management.
You can do so if you at manager(at)paulstepanek.com




Return to “Fan Art & Appreciation”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest