Misheard Lyrics

Lyrics to Sick Puppies music
User avatar
Rene
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 35
Joined: 27 Jun 2011 23:17
Location: Alkmaar, NL

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Rene » 20 Jul 2011 08:05

leanneortbals wrote:In Anywhere But Here I also heard "memories weeping in me" instead of "memories we barely made" and "from paranoid to paradise" instead of "from paranoid to paralyzed." It's so funny that so many of us heard the same things!


Oops, exactly the same here! I plead guilty! :biggrin:



User avatar
i_wont_justify
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 168
Joined: 02 Dec 2010 14:46
Location: indianapolis

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby i_wont_justify » 16 Dec 2011 06:37

in all the same, i always thought it said "youll just come back running, holding your skirt out in hand" like a girl in a long skirt running, and holding it up so she wouldnt trip, like many of us ladies do :ugh:
when i heard "scarred heart in hand" i was like "....oh. well that works too!"


"if you cant beat em, might as well eat em, no ones getting out alive"
Image Image
May 22, 2010 (Noblesville, IN)
July 14, 2010 (Wabash, IN)
May 21, 2011 (Columbus, OH)
August 20, 2011 (Fort Wayne, IN)

User avatar
Skinwalker
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 148
Joined: 31 Jan 2012 18:20

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Skinwalker » 14 Jun 2012 19:13

omgdenise wrote:
solacematt wrote:in "What Are You Looking For"

I thought it was, "You won't be thinking because when.."
when it was really, "You won't be thinking of cars when...'

I still think the real one makes no sense :tongue:


Lol, seriously.
I don't think it makes any sense, either.
"of cars?" come on now. :p :crazy:
But yeah, that got me too.


Its sorta symbolizes you won't be thinking of your material possessions when your dying. Cars was just a good example for that.


Lose your pride, lose your patience, lose your mind. But whatever the case may be, NEVER LOSE HOPE!
SMILE!!! Let everyone know you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday
Sometimes what holds you together & what tears you apart are the SAME things!

Shows so far (Just starting): 5/4/2013

rapscallion
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 594
Joined: 15 Jan 2011 08:32
Location: Burlington, Vt

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby rapscallion » 18 Jun 2012 16:26

i_wont_justify wrote:in all the same, i always thought it said "youll just come back running, holding your skirt out in hand" like a girl in a long skirt running, and holding it up so she wouldnt trip, like many of us ladies do :ugh:
when i heard "scarred heart in hand" i was like "....oh. well that works too!"

me too! after that, when i bought the cd i just sat with the lyrics in hand when listening. Because I'm a dork.

Anyone else think "Erect a life" (in So What I Lied) is an ... unfortunate turn of phrase?


When a sky full of tears falls to the earth, I've got to believe we're healing now

User avatar
LunaiStar
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 126
Joined: 10 Mar 2012 18:27

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby LunaiStar » 25 Sep 2012 13:29

When I first heard "Maybe" I thought "maybe I'm misunderstood" was "maybe I'm the sun and stars"


I've never been one to walk alone, I've always been scared to try. - Sick Puppies, "Maybe"

Image

User avatar
Starception
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 173
Joined: 13 Feb 2013 18:11
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Starception » 26 Oct 2013 20:12

Starception wrote:
i_wont_justify wrote:in all the same, i always thought it said "youll just come back running, holding your skirt out in hand" like a girl in a long skirt running, and holding it up so she wouldnt trip, like many of us ladies do :ugh:
when i heard "scarred heart in hand" i was like "....oh. well that works too!"
That is great Image



User avatar
Song of a Phoenix
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 52
Joined: 29 Nov 2009 17:28
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Song of a Phoenix » 12 Nov 2013 18:48

Some of these are hilarious. I'm also really glad that I'm not the only one who thought it went "memories weeping in me" in Anywhere But Here. This is why I love when CD booklets have the lyrics to all the songs.


"Taking that choice, taking that leap of faith and what you wanna do with your life. And everyone's tellin' ya coulda, woulda, shoulda, what they would've done back in that day, and what you should've done blahblahblahblah, c'mon man. From us to you, do whatever the hell you wanna do with your entire life and just make sure it works for you." -Shim Moore before performing Maybe.

User avatar
Nicky_Angel
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 819
Joined: 01 Jun 2011 08:24
Location: Israel

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Nicky_Angel » 30 Apr 2014 06:48

this topic is hilarious!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who keeps hearing songs incorrectly


I don't care, no I wouldn't dare, To fix the twist in you

User avatar
Dominique
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1628
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 22:24
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Dominique » 26 Jun 2014 17:47

Am i the only one that when i dont understand what Shim is saying in songs i just make noise while singing along?? Lol


Image



AOM: 09.14 * 09.15 * 04.16
Upcoming Shows:
04.30.17
Awesome Shows:
12.08.16 * 09.26.16 * 05.01.16 * 04.30.16 * 04.29.16 ~ 08.07.14 * 07.27.14 * 05.25.14 * 03.10.14 ~ 12.13.13 * 09.03.13 * 09.02.13 ~ 10.13.12 ~ 04.21.11 ~ 10.30.10 * 05.14.10 * 05.13.10 * 05.12.10 ~ 09.09.09


#2016forDavid Image #begin

User avatar
stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6685
Joined: 17 Jan 2010 07:11
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Contact:

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby stephb » 27 Jun 2014 16:37

Doubtful Domo. I do that frequently with other bands when I'm not sure. Ok once in a while with SP but then I look up the lyric but it doesn't mean I'll remember it haha.


Steph

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Dominique
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1628
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 22:24
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Dominique » 28 Jun 2014 07:24

stephb wrote:Doubtful Domo. I do that frequently with other bands when I'm not sure. Ok once in a while with SP but then I look up the lyric but it doesn't mean I'll remember it haha.


I normally will look it up. But sometimes I am lazy so I just kinda go with it haha


Image



AOM: 09.14 * 09.15 * 04.16
Upcoming Shows:
04.30.17
Awesome Shows:
12.08.16 * 09.26.16 * 05.01.16 * 04.30.16 * 04.29.16 ~ 08.07.14 * 07.27.14 * 05.25.14 * 03.10.14 ~ 12.13.13 * 09.03.13 * 09.02.13 ~ 10.13.12 ~ 04.21.11 ~ 10.30.10 * 05.14.10 * 05.13.10 * 05.12.10 ~ 09.09.09


#2016forDavid Image #begin

User avatar
stephb
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 6685
Joined: 17 Jan 2010 07:11
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Contact:

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby stephb » 28 Jun 2014 07:28

OMG that is so me! :laugh:


Steph

Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Dominique
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1628
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 22:24
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Dominique » 28 Jun 2014 09:45

stephb wrote:OMG that is so me! :laugh:


:biggrin:


Image



AOM: 09.14 * 09.15 * 04.16
Upcoming Shows:
04.30.17
Awesome Shows:
12.08.16 * 09.26.16 * 05.01.16 * 04.30.16 * 04.29.16 ~ 08.07.14 * 07.27.14 * 05.25.14 * 03.10.14 ~ 12.13.13 * 09.03.13 * 09.02.13 ~ 10.13.12 ~ 04.21.11 ~ 10.30.10 * 05.14.10 * 05.13.10 * 05.12.10 ~ 09.09.09


#2016forDavid Image #begin

User avatar
Cora
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2835
Joined: 22 Aug 2010 20:51
Location: Okoboji, IA
Contact:

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Cora » 24 Feb 2016 19:53

Can't believe I just found this thread. Omg!

So waaaaaay way back when, I think it was in the car on the way to a show in Sioux City, mom and I are rocking out to Riptide and after the like, "You think my word is flat, do I turn you on?" mom laughs and is all, "Well that was dirty..." I look at her all confused and she says, "You think my wad is fat, do I turn you on? That's not dirty?!" OHMYGOD MOM

Any wonder why she's one of my bestest friends? :P


Image
Image

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavidImage :sp: Always in our hearts

User avatar
Dominique
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1628
Joined: 05 Aug 2009 22:24
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Dominique » 26 Feb 2016 19:42

Cora wrote:Can't believe I just found this thread. Omg!

So waaaaaay way back when, I think it was in the car on the way to a show in Sioux City, mom and I are rocking out to Riptide and after the like, "You think my word is flat, do I turn you on?" mom laughs and is all, "Well that was dirty..." I look at her all confused and she says, "You think my wad is fat, do I turn you on? That's not dirty?!" OHMYGOD MOM

Any wonder why she's one of my bestest friends? :P



HAHAHA! Omg I love your mama!!! That is awesome!


Image



AOM: 09.14 * 09.15 * 04.16
Upcoming Shows:
04.30.17
Awesome Shows:
12.08.16 * 09.26.16 * 05.01.16 * 04.30.16 * 04.29.16 ~ 08.07.14 * 07.27.14 * 05.25.14 * 03.10.14 ~ 12.13.13 * 09.03.13 * 09.02.13 ~ 10.13.12 ~ 04.21.11 ~ 10.30.10 * 05.14.10 * 05.13.10 * 05.12.10 ~ 09.09.09


#2016forDavid Image #begin

User avatar
Cora
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2835
Joined: 22 Aug 2010 20:51
Location: Okoboji, IA
Contact:

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Cora » 27 Feb 2016 22:32

Dominique wrote:
Cora wrote:Can't believe I just found this thread. Omg!

So waaaaaay way back when, I think it was in the car on the way to a show in Sioux City, mom and I are rocking out to Riptide and after the like, "You think my word is flat, do I turn you on?" mom laughs and is all, "Well that was dirty..." I look at her all confused and she says, "You think my wad is fat, do I turn you on? That's not dirty?!" OHMYGOD MOM

Any wonder why she's one of my bestest friends? :P



HAHAHA! Omg I love your mama!!! That is awesome!


:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:


Image
Image

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavidImage :sp: Always in our hearts

User avatar
WonSickPuppy
Lead Ambassador
Lead Ambassador
Posts: 2568
Joined: 20 Feb 2010 18:07
Location: Boise, Idaho

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby WonSickPuppy » 29 Feb 2016 09:06

I think the first few times I heard Die To Save You, when Emma has her first few lines, what I thought I heard was: "Shadows closing in to wound you" which is actually her Australian accent singing "Shadows closing in around you".

...I'm a nerd :tongue:


Image
Image

Myst
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
Posts: 582
Joined: 09 Feb 2010 08:03
Location: Burlington, Vermont
Contact:

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Myst » 29 Feb 2016 14:16

Cora wrote:Can't believe I just found this thread. Omg!

So waaaaaay way back when, I think it was in the car on the way to a show in Sioux City, mom and I are rocking out to Riptide and after the like, "You think my word is flat, do I turn you on?" mom laughs and is all, "Well that was dirty..." I look at her all confused and she says, "You think my wad is fat, do I turn you on? That's not dirty?!" OHMYGOD MOM

Any wonder why she's one of my bestest friends? :P



omg, lmao. That is hilarious!


Image
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
Cora
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2835
Joined: 22 Aug 2010 20:51
Location: Okoboji, IA
Contact:

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Unread postby Cora » 02 Mar 2016 17:44

Myst wrote:omg, lmao. That is hilarious!


Hehe, this would also be where I get my dirty mind.....


Image
Image

Proud TL of the Webcast Team!
#2016ForDavidImage :sp: Always in our hearts


Return to “Lyrics”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest