Selkie

Post links to articles, YouTubes, photos, etc. on the band.
frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: Super Old articles from the land of Oz

Unread postby frodolover36 » 15 Jun 2008 08:36

aw yeah i posted this pic and article before. i love the pic they look so young!

a bunch of us have been looking for selkie everywhere too. its in my ebay saved searches lol

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Re: extremely old pic of the old group/article from 15min.org

Unread postby Sheila » 15 Jun 2008 11:01

ack... should have searched more, i had never seen it before :oops: sorry.

It would be cool if someone got their hands on that movie....

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby nicolenice » 15 Jun 2008 12:08

aliciah
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby aliciah » 16 Jun 2008 14:21

Hi, I'm Alicia and I have the Selkie movie taped off tv from about 8 years ago.

Its really cheesy!!! Like REALLY cheesy...
But hey, if you ever get the chance, in the middle of one of their sets, yell out "PLAY THE SELKIE SONG" and watch just how red Shimon goes.... Oh, man, the fun I have a SP shows.

By the way, that photo was taken in 99... they would have been about 17/18.
I miss Chris.. he was cool.

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 16 Jun 2008 15:49

Whats the Selkie song?? LOl :laugh:

My avatar is always watching.

aliciah

Unread postby aliciah » 17 Jun 2008 01:34

Its a really bad song that Shim has to sing at the end of the movie. Its hilarious, and he hates the mention of it, yet he still knows the words... and if he tells you different, he's lying, because he's sung it to me.

punklawngnome
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby punklawngnome » 17 Jun 2008 06:59

okay, i am so gonna ask him about the selkie song next time i see them. i gotta hear this. :biggrin:

aliciah

Unread postby aliciah » 17 Jun 2008 13:18

He'll be really embarassed when you bring it up... well, he used to be, and we used to bring it up heaps. That was way back when 30 people would turn up to their shows in Sydney. I guess lots has changed.

If you ask him about it, tell him Alicia says hi.

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 17 Jun 2008 16:07

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 17 Jun 2008 20:56

aw that would be awesome!!!
do it!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

aliciah

Unread postby aliciah » 19 Jun 2008 11:52

I would, oh, I really would, because it is that bad that it needs to be shared.
Alas, the video is at home in Sydney, while I am currently sitting in a youth hostel in Cardiff... Sorry. If I ever get home, I'll try and get it done.

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 20 Jun 2008 09:18

sweet! i love that you have it! ive been looking everywhere. the search is saved on ebay and ive searched the net up and down. its nowhere...

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

aliciah

Unread postby aliciah » 23 Jun 2008 12:58

I know a few years ago we had trouble finding it, and one girl I know loaned it from a video store, and never took it back.... then proceeded to embarass Shim by getting him to sign it. I've never seen anyone go so red, so fast.

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 23 Jun 2008 13:48

aliciah

Unread postby aliciah » 24 Jun 2008 14:11

heheh... spread the Selkie love. I may be able to get it onto DVD, but as I said, it'll have to wait till I get home, which may be a while.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE request the Selkie song as loud as possible!!!! Its much fun. And tell them Alicia from Sydney says hi.

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 24 Jun 2008 15:21

aliciah

Unread postby aliciah » 26 Jun 2008 10:31

sounds like a good plan. cheers.

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 27 Jun 2008 01:48

Aliciah that is so awesome. I'd love to see the Selkie song as well, I think the huge group that's going to the concert on Mark's birthday should chant in the crowd for Shim to sing the Selkie song. That would be hilarious.

bling

Unread postby bling » 27 Jun 2008 07:12

here is another article on Selkie... i can't get the trailer to play, but maybe one of you can!

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 27 Jun 2008 07:58

The trailer wouldn't work for me, either. Damn it. I'm pretty sure it's gone from the site.

Return to “Media Lounge”