Metalvalkyrie review of Connect

Post links to articles, YouTubes, photos, etc. on the band.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Rose
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Metalvalkyrie review of Connect

Unread postby Rose » 16 Jul 2013 21:28

I'll probably be adding to this a lot because often times people post opinions more than reviews but they can be worth a read.

July 16th, Sick Puppies release a brand new rock album in America with a newer sound but the same powerful music they’ve brought for almost 10 years now. The Australian post grunge band has gone back to their roots and have written an album basically from the bottom up with album "Connect". Shim Moore and Emma Anzai, the writers and original creators of Sick Puppies are a powerful writing couple. They continually talk about how proud they are and how amazed about how well the new album has come together. Shim described it as “Epic" and “A f*ck heavy album", as well as more raw and less layered. But, is this album really as good as they proclaim?

I believe that Sick Puppies have had the most potential to be epic and fantastic out of any rock band on the planet, and this album just proves the raw talent the trio has. This album has a modern and fresh powerful sound, as well as incredibly unique. Mainstream rock tends to be pretty repetitive and emotionless, but Sick Puppies have brought themselves out of mainstream to something much more deep and artistic with this record. Obviously, fans expected a lot of epic rhythm and vocals, as well as an uplifting but bad ass lyrical sense. Sick Puppies delivered in every way possible; from the hard driving bass parts and haunting vocals from Emma Anzai, to catchy solos and aggressive vocals from Shim, and dynamic power drumming from Mark Goodwin.

The entire album is solidly heavy and a kind of beautiful that you don’t hear in rock today. Every song will take you away and center your mind in the message and sound of Sick Puppies. I think the message is much stronger with “Connect" than with their past album “Tri Polar". This album will be popular with the masses and I just don’t have anything bad to say about it. Well done Sick Puppies.

Songs to listen to off “Connect"; Die to Save You, Walking Away, Gunfight, Telling Lies, Under a Very Black Sky

Portland ME, 11/26/10, Bangor ME, 7/31/11, Boston MA, 9/20/12,
Portland ME, 8/14/13

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Media Lounge”