Sick Puppies Tour w/ Seether- Ultimate Guitar

Post links to articles, YouTubes, photos, etc. on the band.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Sick Puppies Tour w/ Seether- Ultimate Guitar

Unread postby Samsung » 14 Jun 2008 03:51

Concert fans seeking a healthy dose of punchy, melodic, and painfully, liberatingly honest modern rock this summer will find it onstage with Sick Puppies, the RMR/Virgin Records debut trio, who will join "The band that shall not be named" on a month of national tour dates this summer.

The new single "What Are You Looking For," taken from Dressed Up As Life, the Australian band's North American debut album, is off to a fast start, ranking as the second-most-added track at modern and alternative rock radio stations nationally.

In a reminder of the way that the massively-popular homemade video of "All the Same" ignited a worldwide viral wave of interest in Sick Puppies, the band is launching a "make-a-video" contest on their official on-line home pages (URLs below). The contest winner will receive a signed electric guitar, an iPod Touch, and a Sick Puppies prize pack, including band merchandise, and a meet-and-greet opportunity at a future show date.

In recent times, Sick Puppies (Shimon Moore, guitar and vocals, Emma Anzai, bass, Mark Goodwin, drums) completed a two-month headline tour, and a series of gigs supporting Evanescence, Deftones, Velvet Revolver, Chris Cornell, Flyleaf, Chevelle, Breaking Benjamin, 3 Doors Down and Finger Eleven.

Sick Puppies was originally formed in their hometown high school, in Sydney, Australia. They relocated to Los Angeles in search of a record deal after earning immediate praise as "Best Live Act" at the Australian Live Music Awards, and "the most dynamic new band in the country" (Rolling Stone Australia), among other enthusiastic notices.

Made as a personal gesture of sympathy to Juan Mann, whose offer of "Free Hugs" in a Sydney (Australia) mall became an international cause celebre, a video starring Mann, set to the Sick Puppies song "All The Same," unexpectedly caught fire, eventually generating 27 million YouTube views. The band signed to RMR/Virgin Records and completed their first album in a process described by Anzai as "grueling, but character building." Vocalist/songwriter Moore adds: "I think the songwriters who really connect with people are the ones who are willing to release their deepest, darkest secrets…regardless of how embarrassing or frightening it might be. And I think when you give in to that, it can be very liberating."

My avatar is always watching.

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Sick Puppies Tour w/ Seether- Ultimate Guitar

Unread postby Katy » 14 Jun 2008 06:28

Great article. I'm happy to see that they're gaining more recognition.

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 14 Jun 2008 09:47

I read this the other day. Put the first comment there for it too, encouraging people to go if they got the chance. :biggrin:

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 14 Jun 2008 10:23

thanks for posting this Sam - great article . I think this tour with "The band that shall not be named" will bring about many new fans..after seeing them perform live you're hooked !

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 14 Jun 2008 10:25

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 14 Jun 2008 10:54

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 14 Jun 2008 12:32

Thanks for posting Sam :smile:

The Sick Puppies love to steal fans :cool: They did it with Ev, they'll do it with "The band that shall not be named"... its a given. I'm sure the majority of people who go into the show not knowing a thing about the band, will most likely want to find out more after the show.

solacematt
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby solacematt » 14 Jun 2008 13:00

I feel bad for Finger Eleven and "The band that shall not be named". They're going to get blown off the stage by Sick Puppies. Only other band I know of that puts on a live show as amazing as SP is Black Light Burns. Sick Puppies Operation fan steal starts in July :laugh:
-matt

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 14 Jun 2008 15:16

I dunno, I recently checked out the "The band that shall not be named" board and the thread Matt posted about the tour with SP, and no one seemed to like them or care about them. They seem like a narrow-minded bunch o.O

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 14 Jun 2008 16:15

I think there was one who said they liked them...

either way, once they see them live, I think/hope they will be open to listening to more of their stuff :rock:

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 14 Jun 2008 16:39

Yeah I think there was one or two there.

.....and I hope you're right lol.

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 14 Jun 2008 17:26

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 14 Jun 2008 19:16

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

Sheila
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Sheila » 14 Jun 2008 19:30

donna, I'm sure that after you see Finger Eleven and Seeter live, you will like um a bit more.

These upcoming shows are going to be so good! I'm a huge fan of all three bands, I can't wait! one more month.....one more month.....

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 14 Jun 2008 19:33

Anthony
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Anthony » 14 Jun 2008 19:46

I love "The band that shall not be named"! unfortunatly its going to be REALLY hard to get out to this tour, they completly skip over lancaster this time around :cry: but im going to see about making the atlantic city show.

I like where I'm at on my back floating down in my own riptide...the water is fine :P

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 15 Jun 2008 08:42

nice article! thanks for posting! im so excited to see them with "The band that shall not be named". my friend chris is the biggest "The band that shall not be named" fan and when i asked him to go he was like" idk..." but the moment i mentioned "The band that shall not be named" he was all for it!!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

nicolenice
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby nicolenice » 15 Jun 2008 12:09

SWEEEEEEEEEET thanks for posting this

solacematt
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby solacematt » 17 Jun 2008 11:19

Katy
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Katy » 24 Jun 2008 07:02

Hardcore and metal sounding? Pffftttt. I could easily list a handful of bands that are heavier (ahem and better) than them in a second. But of course, that is all matter of opinion.

I have to admit that I was pretty disappointed when we saw Finger Eleven open up for Evanescence at the end of March '07. The guitarist to the right side of the lead singer (if you're looking up at the stage) rocked out and was awesome but all the lead singer seemed to do was moan into the microphone, hack, and spit loogies all over the stage every 3 seconds. It was gross. He looked really messed up too because he was staggering and couldn't stand up straight. I don't know, maybe that's just his stage presence.

Return to “Media Lounge”