extremely old pic of the old group/article from 15min.org

Post links to articles, YouTubes, photos, etc. on the band.
frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

extremely old pic of the old group/article from 15min.org

Unread postby frodolover36 » 10 Apr 2008 10:44

Sick Puppies set to Lap up SJ's Energy
Who: Sick Puppies
Where: SJ's on Beaumont
Author: Michael Gadd
When: Wednesday May 23, 2001

Like most teenage bands, they have a long way to go, but Triple J's Sydney uneathed winners Sick Puppies have a substantial head start on their garage jamming compatriots.

The raw energy on stage of front man Shimon Moore on vocals and guitar alone proves they have what it takes in the blow-the-roof-off stakes, but add the blistering bass of Emma Anzai and Macedonian and Limp Biskit influenced drumming of Chris Mileski you get a dynamic young outfit.

They just released their debut single, Every Day, through Transistor Music, the modest mob who say they are responsible for the extraordinary success of Melbourne teenager Vanessa Amorosi. Moore and Anzai met in the music rooms of Mosman High School on Sydney's North Shore in 1997, with their mutual love of silverchair initiating their collaboration.

Mileski was the final addition to the band, after his enthusiastic father suggested to Shimon he would be ideal.

Look closely at Moore and you may recognise him as the lead actor in the family movie . With the money he made from that the trio cut a self-funded CD which they called Dogs Breakfast. Sick Puppies play at SJ's Hotel tonight.

--

Other Articles from this site:

PCYC Plays Host to Some Sick Puppies

Who: Sick Puppies, Superheist, Equinibrium, Extortion
Where: Newcastle PCYC
Author: Jade Lazerevic
When: Saturday June 16, 2001

TRIPLE J's Unearthed competition winners the Sick Puppies will perform at the Newcastle PCYC alongside Superheist, Equinibrium and Extortion on Saturday.

Guitarist and vocalist Shimon Moore and bassist Emma Anzai formed the group during their years at high school in Sydney after discovering they both shared a love for Newcastle's own silverchair. Drummer Chris Mileksi was added to the line-up soon after.

The Puppies have signed to independent Sydney label Transistor Music after their track Nothing Really Matters beat over 200 entries in the Unearthed competition.

The all-ages gig will begin at 3pm and tickets are available at the door or at any Soundworld stores for $12.

The Puppies have released their debut single Every Day and completed recording their first album.

They will be joined by Melbourne's Superheist who are touring the east coast on their Surprise Attack Tour. As one of Australia's premier nu metal groups, they will finish off with a performance at the inaugural Splendour In The Grass festival at Byron Bay on July 21.

Superheist are also enjoying the success of their debut album The Prize Recruit, which was released this year.

---

Sick Pups up from Nitocris Death Bed

Where: Northern Star Hotel
Author: Jade Lazerevic
When: Friday November 16, 2001

THEY were to perform at the Northern Star on Friday and Saturday night, but Nitocris said early last week they would take an indefinite and possibly permanent break.

But Nitocris' Sydney support act Sick Puppies has decided that the show must go on.

Sick Puppies will perform at the Northern Star Hotel on Friday night with local rockers Chinchen. Sick Puppies recently performed in Newcastle at the NUSA rally in Civic Park and at Broadmeadow PCYC. The group released its debut album Welcome To the Real World this year and has been busy touring with the new release.

Last month the young three-piece won the award for Best Act Emerging From NSW at the Australian Music Week Awards. The show on Friday will begin at 10pm.
Last edited by Shamrock on 14 Jul 2008 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding articles to post, incase original site ever disappears.

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

an extremely old pic of the old group

Unread postby Samsung » 10 Apr 2008 11:36

Awww they look so young and cute :D

My avatar is always watching.

SweetPandemonium
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby SweetPandemonium » 10 Apr 2008 11:37

lol Shim looks so different :P

\m/Mandy\m/

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 10 Apr 2008 11:40

i know he looks sooo young!
they all do!

The name's Nikki

"I don't consider myself a guitarist, or even a vocalist for that matter, I'm a rockstar."
~Shimon Moore

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby hshiau » 10 Apr 2008 11:43

wow! is that real? looks a bit photoshopped.

Donna
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Donna » 10 Apr 2008 13:46

hehe...too friggen cute! Lovin' Shim's shirt : I'm a vegemite kid :P

I believe in nothing, not the day and not the dark. I believe in nothing but the beating of our hearts

tiffoloveshugs
World Crew Member
World Crew Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Unread postby tiffoloveshugs » 10 Apr 2008 13:56

aww. This one makes me smile!
:)

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 10 Apr 2008 14:47

Oh wow. Hahaha! That's too funny. Look at little Shim! ;D He looks like the little punk kids who skateboard down my street in the middle of the night making all kinds of noise. Bastards...

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 10 Apr 2008 14:53

Becky
Founder
Founder

Unread postby Becky » 10 Apr 2008 14:55

Samsung
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Samsung » 10 Apr 2008 14:56

HAHA.

The shotgun just steps it up a notch. :P

Lisa
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Lisa » 10 Apr 2008 15:38

OMG they look so young...still cute though!

ampskeeter22
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby ampskeeter22 » 10 Apr 2008 16:08

Wow they look so young! Look how little Shim is :) How old would they have even been here? Was this during their high school days?
Last edited by ampskeeter22 on 10 Apr 2008 16:09, edited 1 time in total.

On a quest for SP world domination :crazy:

Stephanie
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Stephanie » 10 Apr 2008 17:05

Gahh. Cuteness overload. <3

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 10 Apr 2008 19:11

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

hshiau
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby hshiau » 10 Apr 2008 19:40

eleanorrigby
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby eleanorrigby » 10 Apr 2008 23:12

OMG...Cute pic. They look so young...

Shamrock
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Shamrock » 10 Apr 2008 23:58

Serge
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby Serge » 11 Apr 2008 02:05

Awwness :D

"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you."

frodolover36
World Crew Member
World Crew Member

Unread postby frodolover36 » 12 Apr 2008 09:00

sorry. heres the article i found the pic with. the pics like 7 years old lol

Sick Puppies set to Lap up SJ's Energy

Where: SJ's on Beaumont
Author: Michael Gadd
When: Wednesday May 23, 2001

Like most teenage bands, they have a long way to go, but Triple J's Sydney uneathed winners Sick Puppies have a substantial head start on their garage jamming compatriots.

The raw energy on stage of front man Shimon Moore on vocals and guitar alone proves they have what it takes in the blow-the-roof-off stakes, but add the blistering bass of Emma Anzai and Macedonian and Limp Biskit influenced drumming of Chris Mileski you get a dynamic young outfit.

They just released their debut single, Every Day, through Transistor Music, the modest mob who say they are responsible for the extraordinary success of Melbourne teenager Vanessa Amorosi. Moore and Anzai met in the music rooms of Mosman High School on Sydney's North Shore in 1997, with their mutual love of silverchair initiating their collaboration.

Mileski was the final addition to the band, after his enthusiastic father suggested to Shimon he would be ideal.

Look closely at Moore and you may recognise him as the lead actor in the family movie Selkie. With the money he made from that the trio cut a self-funded CD which they called Dogs Breakfast. Sick Puppies play at SJ's Hotel tonight.

The name's Nikki

~Shimon Moore

Return to “Media Lounge”